Pritzker Prize-wining architect Richard Meier is stepping down from the firm he founded seven months after sexual harassment allegations against him were made public.
Meier, who founded Richard Meier & Partners in 1963, will continue to be “available to colleagues and clients who seek his vast experience and counsel,” the firm said Tuesday, The Real Deal reports.
Managing Principal Bernhard Karpf will now lead the company. When the New York Times published the accusations of five women in March, Meier took a six-month leave of absence.
“It is an honor to lead this talented team as we build upon the body of work we have created over a half-century,” Karpf said in a statement, according to TRD.
Two women who worked at the firm said Meier had exposed himself to them when they had been sent to his New York City apartment.