Work in beautiful West Michigan.
Responsible for leading and managing all aspects of the day-to-day Dealership Operations including order management, project management, warranty, delivery scheduling, installation, and furniture management services. Provides a high level of customer satisfaction through the provision of operational excellence, maintains a profitable business operation, and provides effective management of personnel by inspiring followership and team work both within the department as well as cross-functionally with other departments.
- Establishes and facilitates the analysis, planning, and implementation of the department's strategic direction and annual objectives in order to maximize Dealership opportunities.
- Effectively communicates to all levels of the department to ensure that the Operations strategic plans are clearly understood and aligned to the overall company's vision, values, and Customer First philosophy.
- Provides business leadership and works cross-functionally with Design, Finance, and Marketing within the Herman Miller Services organization.
- Establishes strong relationships and understanding of the operational support requirements of our key vendors to ensure that the Dealership is aligned accordingly.
- Manages the day-to-day activities of a diverse group of internal and external resources to achieve key business objectives, with an emphasis on driving positive outcomes through others.
- Ensures that the Dealership Operations structure has the flexibility to move swiftly and decisively to take advantage of market opportunities, capable of adjusting strategies and plans to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Leads and mentors the team, provides required training, and develops goals/objectives to ensure that the organization is staffed with highly-motivated, skilled, and competent professionals who contribute to the overall Dealership mission.
- Leads Operations budget planning, expense management, and the overall order to installation and project close-out process.
- Analyzes and restructures and/or adjusts process flows, procedures, policies, roles, and responsibilities, as well as department structure where and when required to ensure maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Understands customer satisfaction criteria and monitors these criteria for all customers.
- Encourages and participates in division quality processes and meetings, ensuring that ongoing quality processes are being implemented and that continuous improvement goals are being met.
- Accountable for both developing and achieving performance benchmarks and metrics as aligned with industry "best practices."
- Researches, maintains knowledge, and implements current services technology and operating systems used in furniture/facility services industry.
- Establishes core field procedures, service standards, and methods of work, ensuring that all service activities are consistent, safe, and efficient, as well as meet customer satisfaction criteria.
- Responsible for leading and overseeing furniture delivery and installation logistics.
- Researches and stays current on other Herman Miller Certified Dealer's Service Operations, as well as competitor's Service Operations, including their pricing, service scope, marketing strategies, and strengths/weaknesses.
- Ensures that all Field Service supervisory and regular personnel are sales-oriented and proactive in taking advantage of service sales opportunities as they arise.
- Help to train the Dealership Sales Organization on how to recognize and take advantage of Sales opportunities for the Dealership Services Program, including selling and signing annual Service Agreements with existing customers.
- Performs additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, or related field. Master's degree preferred.
- Eight plus years of experience in Operations in a Service/Dealer B2B organization, including three plus years of leadership/management experience, with a focus on order management, process and systems development, as well as project management.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is preferred.
- Expert ability to think strategically and execute tactically; must be financially literate and possess well-developed business acumen.
- Demonstrated ability to build long-term relationships with customers and business partners; particularly at senior decision-making levels, vendors, and service providers.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, influence, solve problems, and work with all levels in the organization.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a changing, growing environment with multiple key priorities.
- Strong analytical, organization, time management, and process management skills for success in a results-oriented environment.
- Ability to quickly gain extensive knowledge and understanding of Workplace Resource, its products, services, business operations, as well as its industry and marketplace issues and opportunities.
- Demonstrated high level of written, verbal, and interpersonal skills to communicate information, ideas, procedures, and processes in a logical sequence; at a level appropriate to the audience and resulting in effective working relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use office automation, communication, software, and tools currently used in the Herman Miller office environment.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of the position with or without accommodations.