Looking for an excellent communicator and good influencer
BBF is the commercial segment of Bush Industries, a diverse furniture company with sales throughout North America. The company, overall, sells through multiple channels; this position will be focused exclusively upon the furtherance of market position in the commercial sector and leadership of a regional (external) sales team.
Bush Industries' vision is to be a commercial product leader in the high-value transactional contract/commercial channel through the expansion of the company's Remote Workplace Solutions concepts, with products sold through Superstore Contract dealers, aligned and non aligned dealers, independent office product dealers, as well as wholesalers.
The main geographical markets for the Regional Sales Manager - West will be CA, WA OR, WY, MT, ID, UT, & NV and he/she may be asked to support other initiatives which require out-of-region travel. In this role, the individual will be primarily responsible for establishing BBF products within the targeted trade channels and for achieving sales goals within those channels. To accomplish this, he/she will be expected to understand and support the BBF strategy as a "transactional" player in the contract and commercial market. Candidates will have some key account responsibility but also work hands on with reps, traveling extensively within the region to grow this business through the dealer base. This position requires a high energy, self-starting individual with strong decision-making and organizational skills. The top candidate must be an excellent communicator and good influencer and be willing to work cross functionally in a highly "matrixed" organizational structure. Experience in the contract furniture industry or office products industry is a plus but not required.
Key high-level deliverables will include:
- Establish relationships with the "right fit" independent manufacturing rep groups to drive business within the contract and office product dealer channels.
- Build revenue according to established plans –Annual Operating Plan.
- Direct regional sales stakeholders to achieve financial performance and growth goals.
- Input to product and services development initiatives, and bring consumer insights to that process.
- Implement and leverage best practices to collaboratively influence higher levels of performance externally and internally
- Act as a subject matter expert for external sales reps and customers on BBF products, services and, most of all, identify where and how we "fit" within the transactional business channel.
- Establish, train and support territory rep groups to ensure assigned territories are developed and achieve growth expectations according to plan.
- Utilize entrepreneurial and creative skill set to develop and expand distribution of transactional furniture sales and Remote Work Programs within aligned, nonaligned and independent dealer channels.
- Establish executive rapport with key office contract furniture dealers, office product dealers, Ecommerce dealers as well as educate and support various sales divisons within Staples and Office Depot contract division throughout assigned territory.
- Establish and build relationships with Human Resource Directors' of top Fortune 100 companies within assigned territory to promote, identify and implement national Work@Home Program contracts.
- Help develop and submit for approval regional commercial business/sales plan annually.
- Controls spend to the approved budget to ensure channel spending returns an acceptable Return On Investment (ROI).
- Provide on-going development (product/service training etc...) to all rep constituents in all channels to maintain high quality representation.
- Participate and provide input to strategic pricing discussions.
- Interface closely with Commercial Customer Relationship Management (CRM) team to ensure responsiveness to customers.
- Participate in appropriate marketing initiatives with Chief Marketing Officer and Marketing Communications staff to ensure ongoing marketing plans are in place for targeted dealer development in office product and contract furniture channels.
- Ongoing participation in regional and national trade shows.
- Conduct sales trainings alongside Reps via in person and/or web based seminars to educate dealers and end users on BBF's transactional turnkey solution and the growing trend of Telework/Remote Work.
- Additional responsibilities include ongoing proactive networking to promote BBF's turnkey solution and educate on Telework.
- End user call points consist of Human Resources, Facilities, Purchasing, Real Estate, Design, Information Technology, and Risk Management.
- 50-75% travel required.
Human Resource Manager
Bush Industries, Inc
716.665.2510 ext 3531